Summary of essential job functions
Contracts Specialist provides subject matter expertise, advice, and support to PMs to create documentation to include market research, performance work statements, statements of work, acquisition plans, source selection documents, and other related documents. This position assists with contract management (supporting the Contracting Officer’s Representative) to create modifications, tracking deliverables, attending meetings, etc.
Key activities include: Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Subcontracts, and product reseller agreements Entering contractual agreements into tracking system.
• Two years of administrative and or contracting experience with a basic knowledge of the contractual documents, terms.
• Exceptional organizational and writing skills
• Demonstrate ability to support multiple competing demands
• Good communication skills
• Excellent grammar written and verbally
• Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Personal computer and business solutions software skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Experience with MS Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Additional Abilities required
Strong MS Excel skills would be beneficial
Minimum Position Requirements
• AA/BS degree in either accounting, law, business, finance, contracts, purchasing, economics, communication, project/ program, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management, or 5 years’ experience in contract management