3TG Staffing Solutions
Who Are We?
We are a 100% women-owned business comprised of an encouraging, supportive, and diverse team who work to provide solutions and qualified staff for our clients. We maintain a high level of communication and function as a cohesive, collaborative team. If we sound like a good fit for you, we would love to hear from you!
What do we do?
We help experienced talent regain employment. Our recruiting, training, and staffing process ensures effective strategy, efficient planning, and timely execution. We specialize in top-quality direct-hire, temp-to-hire, and strategy consulting services virtually and on-site. 3TG specializes in business operations positions from entry-level to upper-level management, in a variety of industries.
Senior Security Engineer
As the Security Engineer II, you will be responsible for the continuing development, implementation, support, facilitation, and communication of the Information Security Policy within all areas of the business with a keen focus on security operations including network perimeter defense and systems security. Assist with support of existing security controls to ensure stability, uptime, and effective control operation. The role performs ongoing monitoring of networks and network elements, both internal and customer-facing, to ensure compliance with policy and standards. This includes supporting and developing systems to enable analysis and reporting of security events and activities. Assists in security-related investigations and incident response activities and provides system forensics and investigative services. In addition, provide periodic “on-call” support of security operations during non-business hours. Act as team liaison for department projects.
IT Security Program Development/Integration
- Assist in research and testing of new technologies from a security perspective as required and as driven by the business or regulatory needs.
- Measure and report system security posture through the ongoing development and refinement of security metrics.
- Consulting Services
- Work directly with Telecom Information Technology (IT), Network Services (NS), Network Operations (NO), and Corporate to ensure that Telecom’s technical infrastructure is adequately secured.
- Assist with security assessments of businesses acquired by Telecom.
- Consult with project teams and IT management in the development of requirements for the organization’s architectural documents to maintain security while meeting business objectives.
- Security Administration
- Implement firewall and VPN policies. Deploy firewalls and VPNs using recommended implementation designs.
- Assist in the deployment and operation of security controls including, but not limited to: intrusion detection, content filtering, configuration management, and vulnerability management controls.
- Maintains contact with outside information security professional organizations and local /regional emergency response groups.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) –OR– 4+ years of professional work experience
- 6+ years of IT-related work experience.
- 4+ years of IT security-related work experience.
- Strong preference for candidates with one of the following certifications: ISC² SCCP, CompTIA Security+ or SANS GIAC or one of the following advanced certifications from ISC²: CISA, CISM, CIPP or CISSP
- Proficient with security principles such as encryption, hashing, PKI, and the AAA framework.
- Experience with one or more programming languages in the use of simple scripting or application development including UNIX shell, Perl, Python, or Ruby.
- Proficient with security concepts for log analysis, monitoring, and system and network auditing.
- Familiarity with a SIEM or other scalable log management solution.
- Familiarity with open-source logs storage tools such as ELSA, Elastic Stack or Graphite.
- Experience with performing and being the technical lead for security investigations and electronic forensic analysis.
- Experience with firewall principles and best practices.
- Experience with one of the following firewall platforms (Cisco ASA, Juniper ScreenOS and SRX, Fortinet, and Palo Alto Networks). Experience with Anti-DDoS security devices is a plus.
- Proficient with remote access solutions including solutions for mobile devices.
- Experience with IPSec and SSL VPN implementations from Cisco, Juniper ScreenOS and SRX, Fortinet, or Palo Alto Networks technologies.
- Experience with network hardware including routers, switches, and wireless APs. Experience with network packet brokers (NPBs) is a plus.
- Familiarity with network technologies and IP protocols (e.g., VLAN, MPLS, TCP, UDP, ICMP, SA, SCTP, anycast, multicast & unicast). Proficient with the OSI 7 Layer network model.
- Proficient with IPv4 protocol fundamentals including layer 2 resolution, addressing, and subnetting. Familiarity with P1/P2 data flows and anycast. Basic familiarity with IPv6 protocol fundamentals.
- Experience with Internet networking protocols (e.g., DNS, NTP, SMTP, FTP, etc.) and experience doing analysis of raw data capture with Wireshark.
- Familiarity with VoIP signaling and media protocols.
- Experience with 2 or more families of server OSes including Windows, Linux, or UNIX. Experience with 2 or more desktop OSes including Windows, Apple macOS, or popular Linux distributions.
- Experience in monitoring and administration of network and host-based intrusion detection and prevention systems such as OSSEC, Tripwire, and Verisys.
- Experience with network security assessment tools such as masscan, nmap, zmap, Canvas, Core Impact, Metasploit, Lynis, hping, scapy and tcpreplay.
- Familiarity with open-source network security intrusion detection tools (e.g., Snort, Bro, Suricata).
- Proficient with the hardening, monitoring, and deployment of systems to DMZ and multi-zoned IP networks.
- Ability to work and lead in a fast-paced and changing environment and to prioritize multiple tasks and organize time with strong attention to detail.
- Perform tasks outside normally scheduled business hours to complete project work, provide on-call support, and/or implement scheduled changes as needed.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong human relations skills to interface with managers and staff at all levels within the organization and an understanding of the business needs that drive the company forward. Ability to engage and partner with vendors and in-source providers.
- Excellent project management skills (organization, leadership, etc.). Must have the ability to understand a business need and provide security requirements. Ability to plan, organize, motivate, and lead a project team to successful completion of various initiatives/projects.