Works in coordination with the leadership team to provide end-to-end writing support for assigned proposal section(s) or volume in response to Federal solicitations to ensure delivery of a well-written, compelling, and compliant response.
• Coordinates with leadership team to develop a compliant outline for assigned proposal sections.
• Provides end-to-end writing support for assigned proposal section or volume in response to Federal/State solicitations to ensure delivery of a well-written, compelling, and compliant response.
• Participates in win theme strategy development and refinement. Ensures incorporation of strategic themes as well as compliance with proposal requirements and RFP requirements.
• Develops ideas and mock-ups of explanatory tables and graphics
• Utilizes proposal database and previous bids to research content for compliant proposal responses.
• Meets with Bids & Proposals team, Business Development, Capture, and Operations staff to review RFP and determine requirements to develop compliant customized proposals.
• Interviews identified subject matter experts throughout Magellan Federal to get accurate information for inclusion in proposals based on requirements and platform.
• May conduct technical edits of volumes to ensure compliance and “one voice.”
• May participate in the color review process as a reviewer.
• Ensures proposals are archived in the content management system.
• Works with stakeholders at all levels, including senior leadership, to facilitate knowledge sharing and improve content development processes.
• Contributes to the development and continuous improvement of the proposal team regarding processes, tools, and templates.
• Develops a solid understanding of Magellan Federal programs and technical offerings.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Other Job Requirements
• 5 + years of experience developing technical narratives in response to Federal and/or State solicitations.
• Bachelor’s in Communications, English, Journalism or other related fields.
• Combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Knowledge of the Federal procurement process.
• Ability to write and edit in clear, concise, and compelling language.
• Ability to interview and work with subject matter experts to acquire knowledge of subject matter.
• Ability to develop graphic concepts to illustrate and clarify subject matter.
• Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently across multiple functions within the
• Ability to analyze compliance-driven/technical documentation to determine government requirements and to understand
• complex customer issues within the public sector.
• Ability to work closely with multi-functional teams to develop a customer-specific proposal strategy.
• Strong organizational, time management, analytical, and problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced,
• deadline-driven, matrix environment.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive and SharePoint, as
• well as the Adobe Suite.
• Ability to adapt to new, technology-driven tools (e.g., database, online procurement systems).
A Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Communications (Required), Bachelors: English (Required), Bachelors: Journalism (Required), Bachelors (Required)